Our house is called Divine Light Temple and is situated just outside the centre of Tiruvannamalai, in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, India. A wonderful, dreamy little ashram overlooking flowers, rice fields and the legendary mountain, Arunachala. It is a place with remarkable energy and vibrations that is also frequently visited for meditation. It is also here where you can meet yogis and enlightened souls who make the walk around Arunachala everyday.
Our guesthouse combines spirituality and comfort. It has a comfortable bedroom with two beds and if necessary, a third bed can be installed. In the lovingly furnished living room, a hanging swing chair invites you to relax and read. Additionally, there is a western-standard kitchen, bathroom with shower and toilet. Amenities include hot water, filtered water, air-conditioning, bedding, towels and fly screens on all the windows. There is a beautiful covered roof terrace which gives a lot of space for yoga, relaxation, satsang and if you like, you can even sleep there. Mosquito nets are available on request. For nature lovers this is a true paradise! The beautiful view from the guesthouse towards Arunachala gives you an immediate connection to the high vibrational energies of this holy mountain.
We also have a beautiful and powerfully charged Temple Room where you are invited to spend your time meditating and practicing.
We ask that you kindly respect the spiritual atmosphere in this highly energetically charged place. As you might use your phone or have conversations in the guesthouse or terrace, we ask you to keep a quiet atmosphere. The Temple Room is located in the centre of the main building and is open in the months when we are onsite.
More Features of our Guesthouse
As the guesthouse is located at the foot of the Arunachalas, our ashram is an absolute place to be. Through our own spiritual practice, we have already built up very high-spirited energies in this particular place adding to the already established initial high vibration. As guest you readily benefit from this high vibration that provides support for your own spiritual practice.
In order to reach self-sufficiency, we’re growing melons, bananas and will continue planting more fruit, vegetables and herbs. Our long-term plan is to allocate half of the land (2,000 square meter plot) in accordance with the principles of permaculture.
Overnight Rates in the Divine Light Temple : 29 € per person/night
Prices depend on the duration of your stay.
- 23 € per person/night – if you stay more than 1 week
- 21 € per person/night – if you stay more than 2 weeks
- 14 € per person/night – if you stay more than 1 month
- 12 € per person/night – if you stay more than 2 months
- Final cleaning: 29€
- Breakfast 4,90€ per person
- Laundry per machine 4,50€ incl. laundry fold (is done by Shanti, who takes care of the guesthouse)
Divine Light Temple – Do’s and Dont’s
It is tremendously important to us that every person on the site is aware of it being a spiritual place. That is why we ask all visitors to follow basic rules of conduct. Additionally, you will find a few suggestions below.
- Please take off your shoes whenever you enter a building.
- Please turn off your mobile phones and other electronic devices when entering the temple room. It is a place to obtain complete silence.
- We ask you not to prepare or consume meat, alcohol and tobacco on the premises.
- No waste (organic) whatsoever is thrown into the sacred fireplace on the premises.
- Please help us keep the Ashram and your guest room very clean. We appreciate this very much!
- In order to support the energy flow, it is helpful to have a small fire burning in the holy dhuni 24 hours a day. Your support in tending and helping is much appreciated.
- It is also desirable to have a small oil lamp burning in the Temple Room at all times. Under all circumstances to prevent accidental fires from happening, please make sure the lamp cannot fall over and that there is no wind blowing.
- With exception of the oil lamp, please do not touch any items in the Temple room unless requested.
- Please respect the silence of the place as well as other people’s meditation practice.
Thank you very much for your cooperation!
We are happy to invite you to join us for an unforgettable journey to Tiruvannamalai and be part of our special and highly energized Divine Light Temple at the foot of Mount Arunachala.
Bharati and Martin Glanert with the Spiritbalance Team